2023 COSECSA - AO ALLIANCE SCHOLARSHIP FOR WOMEN IN FCS ORTHOPAEDICS & NEUROSURGERY PROGRAMMES
COSECSA and the AO Alliance are pleased to announce a scholarship programme intended to support, empower and foster women in higher surgical training in Orthopaedic Surgery (3 years) and Neurosurgery (4 years).
- This award is aimed at supporting women in their chosen specialty and to build a larger pool of female specialists in the region by subsidizing them through their COSECSA Fellowship Training.
- This inaugural award will be given to: -
- 7 female surgeons wishing to study Orthopaedic Surgery in a COSECSA Accredited training programme.
- 3 female surgeons wishing to study Neurosurgery in a COSECSA Accredited training programme.
1. Apply for COSECSA Programme Entry in the appropriate specialty.
2. Submit a letter of support from the Programme Director of the current COSECSA training.
3. Submit a personal statement and an up-to-date CV.
4. Submit an acceptance letter from a COSECSA accredited training facility.
5. Secure a training post, and, if required, a work permit if planning to train away from your home country.
6. Complete applications must be submitted online to COSECSA through the form HERE
NB: The Scholarship will not meet any additional costs other than those stipulated above
Application Deadline: 30th November 2022. Successful applicants will be notified within 2-3 weeks.