AO ALLIANCE – COSECSA ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME FOR 2023 FINAL FCS EXAMINATION
Advancing Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery Capacity in sub-Saharan Africa
Care of the injured is essential and must be a priority in the development of strategies designed to curb the devastating effects of musculoskeletal injuries.
To help address this issue, the AO Alliance and the College of Surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA) have developed a scholarship programme to support trauma and orthopaedic Surgeons in training, to help them complete the programme by examination, and advance trauma and orthopaedic surgery capacity in sub-Saharan Africa.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
- The program is open to
- Final-year COSECSA FCS orthopaedic trainees
- Non-COSECSA orthopaedic surgeons working in a COSECSA – accredited hospital who wish to continue their training and obtain the final-year FCS Qualification.
- Fifth year MMed trainees training in a COSECSA – accredited hospital intending to take the Fellowship (FCS Ortho) examination in 2023.
- The award covers programme entry (enrollment) and fellowship (FCS) examination fees only.
- The scholarship will be administered by the COSECSA Secretariat.
- Submit a personal statement indicating expected results or outcomes, and an up-to-date CV.
- Submit a letter of support from the surgical training Programme Director of the COSECSA accredited hospital in which the trainee is training.
- Submit an acceptance letter from a COSECSA accredited training facility.
- Secure a training post, and, if required, a work permit if training away abroad.
- All applications must be submitted through the Scholarship Application Portal available here.
Please note that the application window will be open on 15th July 2022.
Application Deadline: 30th August 2022. Successful applicants will be notified within 2-3 weeks.
Each scholarship is worth $1,400. Fifteen (15) scholarships will be awarded
To learn more about the AO Alliance visit: