ReSurge-COSECSA Examination Scholarship Programme for Final Year Plastic Surgery Trainees
Response to the severe shortage of Reconstructive Surgeons in Sub- Saharan Africa.
Approximately 30% of the global burden of disease is from surgical conditions and there is an estimated shortfall of more than 5 million reconstructive Plastic Surgery operations annually. In Sub-Saharan Africa, 93% of the population lacks access to safe, affordable, and timely surgical care. To help address this problem, ReSurge International and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) have developed a Scholarship Programme to support Final year COSECSA trainees to complete their Fellowship training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
About this scholarship
- The programme is open to final year COSECSA Plastic Surgery Trainees who are preparing to take the Fellowship – FCS examination in 2022.
- The award should be used for Fellowship examination expenses, including the examination; examination travel; accommodation; graduation; and five- year membership dues to COSECSA.
- The scholarship will be administered by the COSECSA Secretariat
- There will be three (3) scholarship awards available, and each scholarship is worth $3,500
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating details of their current training a current CV and a letter of support from the surgical training Programme Director of the COSECSA accredited hospital in which the trainee is training.
- Completed applications should be sent to COSECSA Scholarship Board using the following link: Scholarship Application Portal
- Please choose name of Scholarship as: “ReSurge Examination Scholarship Programme 2022” and Reference Number as “ReSurge/2022/1” in the application portal.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2022.
Successful Applicants will be notified within 2 weeks from the date of application
To learn more about ReSurge International visit: www.resurge.org