Response to the severe shortage of reconstructive surgeons in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Approximately 30% of the global burden of disease is from surgical conditions and there is an estimated shortfall of more than 5 million reconstructive Plastic Surgery operations annually.
To help address this problem, ReSurge International and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) have developed a scholarship program to support Final year COSECSA trainees to complete their Fellowship training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
About this scholarship
- The program is open to final year Plastic Surgery Trainees who are preparing to take the Fellowship – FCS examination in 2021.
- The award should be used for Fellowship examination expenses, including the examination; examination travel; accommodation; graduation; and five-year membership dues to COSECSA.
- The scholarship will be administered by the COSECSA Secretariat
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating expected results or outcome, a current CV and a letter of support from the surgical training Programme Director of the COSECSA accredited hospital in which the trainee is training.
- The subject of the email should read: “ReSurge International Scholarship Program 2021”
- Completed applications should be sent to COSECSA Scholarship Board using the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
30th March 2021. Successful Applicants will be notified within 2 weeks