Operation Smile and COSECSA have a 5-year partnership agreement (2021-2025) with the
- To increase Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Density in Sub-Saharan Africa
- To support Plastic Surgery Training
- To provide Cleft Surgery education to improve access to cleft care.
Operation Smile in Collaboration with COSECSA therefore, invite applications for a two-year Cleft Surgery Training Scholarship. Candidates are only eligible for application if they are qualified and registered Plastic Surgery Fellows with COSECSA. Only Fellows in good standing will be considered for this scholarship.
Structure of the training
The training will be structured into 3-4 one-week training programs per year, attendance at one local or regional Cleft Surgery simulation workshop and/or conference within the region and where possible a regional or international visit to an established cleft center.
- Applicants wishing to enhance their skills in cleft lip and palate surgery are invited to apply for the Operation Smile Cleft Surgery Training Scholarship.
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating future goals, a current CV, and a letter of support from the surgical training programme Director of the hospital in which the candidate is currently employed. This hospital must be a facility able to provide cleft lip and palate surgery as accredited by COSECSA.
- Applicants must be practicing in one of the Operation Smile/COSECSA Program Countries: Kenya, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Madagascar, Mozambique, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Malawi.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain permission from their hospital to attend training workshops 3-4 times per year for one-week duration and, if required, a work permit if training way from their home country.
- Completed application should be submitted at Scholarship Application Portal and choose Reference Number as OPS-COSECSA/2022/1
- Deadline for applications is 15 May 2022.
- Any enquiries can be directed to email@example.com.
More details of the scholarship can be found HERE