Scholarship Reference Number: COSECSA/OPERATION SMILE/2021/1
Operation Smile and the College of Surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA) are collaborating to provide a 5-year scholarship programme to 15 trainees wishing to study Plastic Surgery within the COSECSA training programme.
- To increase Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Density in Sub-Saharan Africa by:
- Supporting Plastic Surgery Training
- Providing Cleft Surgery training and education to improve access to cleft care
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021
About This Scholarship
- Programme starts January 2022.
- The five-year training covers two years of COSECSA MCS programme and three years of COSECSA FCS Plastic Surgery programme.
- Applicants will also have unique opportunities to engage with Operation Smile.
- The applicants must pursue COSECSA FCS plastic surgery programme once they complete the MCS programme
- The applicant must have applied for the COSECSA MCS programme and has been accepted in a COSECSA Accredited training facility. It is the responsibility of the applicant to secure a training post, and if required a work permit if training away from their home country.
- Trainee could do the MCS programme locally and shifts to the COSECSA Accredited Plastic Surgery Hospital after passing the MCS programme.
- The scholarship covers all COSECSA fees including Programme Entry, Examination, Graduation fees and 4 years annual subscription fee upon completing the FCS programme. In addition, the trainee will be facilitated to attend both MCS and FCS examinations and will be provided with a monthly stipend.
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating future goals, a current curriculum vitae, and a letter of support from their surgical training Program Director.
- Completed applications should be sent to the COSECSA Scholarship Committee at Scholarship Application Portal by October 31, 2021
NB: The Scholarship Reference Number is “COSECSA/OPERATION SMILE/2021/1”
The scholarship will be administered by the COSECSA Secretariat
To learn more about Operation Smile visit: www.operationsmile.org