LINDSAY STEWART PRIZE 2021
The Lindsay Stewart Prize is available only to young surgeons who are in a COSECSA Training Programme and who wish to present a scientific paper at the COSECSA-ASEA Scientific Conference held in December of each year.
The prize is for £1,000 sterling from which one or more awards will be made to cover fares to the conference venue, accommodation and conference registration fees.
The conditions are:
- The content of the paper is original and the presenter is the 1st author.
- University dissertation projects maybe acceptable.
- A covering letter from the Head of Department should accompany the submission
- The paper must reach the Secretariat for adjudication by 31st August of each year.
- The Scholarship Board will determine the winner(s)
- The winner(s) will be informed of the decision before the end of October
- The paper must have been accepted for presentation by the scientific committee of the conference and should have been submitted to the College Journal – ECAJS for publication.
- The paper must be presented by the author in person at the conference.
- The Prize will include a COSECSA/RCSEd Certificate
- The award will be announced at the closing ceremony of the AGM.