Member Specialist (MSCS)
Medical Specialists who have satisfactorily completed their specialist Surgical Training in Institutions other than the College of Surgeons and elected into Membership having satisfied the Council of the College that they possess qualifications entitling them to be Member Specialists of the College.
Medical Practitioners who have satisfactorily completed their Basic Surgical Training and have passed the prescribed membership examinations in surgery and related specialties of the College of Surgeons.
Medical or Dental Practitioners who have commenced their post-graduate training in surgery, or allied professions. Candidates for admission as Associate Members shall be proposed and seconded by Fellows of the College in writing on prescribed forms and accompanied by supporting letters from the proposer and seconder. The Council of the College shall carry out election of Associate Members.
Three categories of membership can be applied for online. These are Member Specialist, Associate Member and Affiliate Member.
Ordinary Membership is obtained by medical practitioners who have satisfactorily completed their Basic Surgical Training and have passed the prescribed membership examinations in surgery and related specialties of the College of Surgeons. Please see the Constitution for more detailed information.
Before applying, please have ready electronic copies of the following:
- A passport style photo
- Reference letters from two COSECSA Fellows supporting your application
If your application is accepted you will need to pay the Fellowship registration fee. This can be paid online or in cash to one of your country representatives.
- Affiliate Membership registration fee is $100
- Associate Membership registration fee is $150
- Member Specialist registration fee is $300
- Annual Membership subscription fee is $50
Persons who were admitted as Fellows of the College on its inauguration and who possess qualifications entitling them to be registered in their field of practice of surgery as per Article 6.0 of the COSECSA Constitution.
Medical Practitioners who have satisfactorily completed their Higher Surgical Training and have passed the prescribed examinations in surgery and related specialties of the College of Surgeons, or have been awarded a Fellowship by election, having satisfied the Council of the College that they possess qualifications entitling them to be Fellows of the College.
Professionals of high distinction in the Medical and Surgical Professions and such other eminent persons, whether or not members of the Medical profession, as the College of Surgeons may in its absolute discretion decide to honour.
Surgical specialists practicing outside the constituent member countries of the College of Surgeons.
- Surgical specialists working on contracts in the constituent member countries of the College shall be eligible to local Fellowship if they meet the election criteria and shall apply for fellowship through the respective country representative.
- On completion of their local contracts shall revert to Overseas Fellow status if they wish to maintain their Fellowship of the College.
Overseas Country Representatives
1. Professor Sherry Wren- firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Doctor Steve Mannion- SteveJMannion@aol.com
Overseas Fellow By Election Requirements
Overseas Fellow By Election Application Form