COSECSA – SMILE TRAIN SCHOLARSHIP
3-year FCS Training Programme for COSECSA Trainees
The College of Surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA) in partnership with Smile Train is providing scholarships in Plastic Surgery with increased opportunities in cleft and reconstructive surgery training.
OBJECTIVE: To increase surgical capacity for cleft lip and palate surgery.
COSECSA and Smile Train aim to increase the surgical capacity within the region by providing four (4) scholarships for plastic surgery training. In this regard, we are inviting applications for a 3-year FCS training programme at a COSECSA accredited facility. This scholarship is open to all trainees that have completed their MCS level training at a COSECSA accredited facility. Those sitting their MCS examinations in November 2022 are also eligible subject to passing their examination. Please see the application process below
Applicants must meet all the following requirements in their application to be considered:
- Submit MCS Certificate or Pass result of Part I Examination
- Submit Programme Entry Number (PEN Wishing to study Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating future goals, an up-to-date current CV and a letter of support from the surgical training Programme Director of the hospital in which the candidate is currently employed
- The applicant must submit an acceptance letter from a COSECSA accredited Plastic Surgery training facility
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to secure a training post, and if required a work permit if training away from their home country.
- Complete applications should be sent to the COSECSA scholarship committee by filling out the form HERE
NB: COSECSA or Smile Train will not meet any additional costs (e.g., Medical Licenses) apart from the costs stipulated above.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2022: Successful Applicants will be notified by 30th December, 2022.